- ICFAI Law School offers three year LL.B. Program with a challenging curriculum with emphasis on theoretical and practical learning.
- The program is aimed to prepare the students for a wide range of career opportunities in law and alternative careers and to evolve them to serve the local, national and global communities with excellence, integrity and professionalism.
Admission is based on Merit and Personal Interview
Award of Degree
Students who successfully complete the Program are awarded the LL.B. degree by The ICFAI University, Dehradun subject to University regulations.
Age should not be more than 30 years as on the date of commencement of program. However, the changes if any made to age limitation by the Bar Council of India from time to time will be followed.
- 3 Years
- Pass in Graduation or equivalent with 50% and above aggregate marks (in any discipline). Students in their final year awaiting results can also apply.
- LL.B is 3 year integrated program spread over 6 semesters.
- The Program consists of law and humanities courses. It also includes Clinical, Electives, Honors courses and Legal Internships.
|LL.B Program Structure|
|Legal Internship Program - I|
|Legal Internship Program - II|
|Legal Internship Program - III|
|LL.B Elective Courses|
|Elective – I||Elective – IV|
|Elective – II||Elective – V|
|Elective – III||Elective – VI|
- Any of the Elective Subject may not be offered, if teaching faculty is not available or minimum students opting is not more than 20 in number.
- No student shall be allowed to change Hons. /Elective subject except during the two weeks of commencement of the semester.
- The Program structure is tentative, subject to any change (if required).
The fee for each program is mentioned in the table below.
|Programs||No. of Semesters||Admission Fee||Total Program Fee||Convocation & Alumni Fee||Caution Deposit|
|LL.B Program (3 Years)||6||20,000||1,62,000||1,80,000||6,000||10,000|
Domicile: To avail the domicile benefits in the program fee, candidate domicile certificate is required at the time of registration
Program Fee: Program Fee is to be paid in equal installments as shown against the respective program.
Note: Ph.D. program fee mentioned above is for the minimum duration of the program. Students have to pay the respective semester fee to continue in the program, if he/she takes additional time beyond the stipulated minimum duration.
Convocation Fee of Rs. 1,000 and Alumni Fee of Rs. 5,000 is to be paid along with the program fee of final semester
Caution Deposit: All students are required to pay the caution deposit along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting dues, on completion of the respective program.
Merit Scholarships Scheme 2024
The ICFAI University, Dehradun offers merit scholarships to students pursuing the UG & PG programs. These scholarships are based on past academic record and semester-wise performance.
A. Based on Past Academic Record
The past academic percentage will be calculated for the eligibility program on the basis of all courses studied during the program. He/ she should not have any backlog (RRA/NC/ RC) in the semester. He/ she should have scored 6 or more GPA in the semester. Students facing any disciplinary action will not be considered for scholarship. Students who have availed fee waiver are not eligible for scholarship.
Note: Students are required to pay complete semester fee on or before the registration date.
The details are presented in the following table:
|Merit Scholarships Scheme 2024|
|Programs||Percentage achieved in qualifying examination|
|≥ 90%||≥ 80% to < 90%||≥ 70% to < 80%|
|Amount of Scholarship * (In Rs.)|
|LL.B Program (3 Years)||48,000||39,000||30,000|
Above Scholarship amount would be adjusted equally in 10 installments for 5 year Programs;
|Academic Performance (CGPA)||Category I||Category II||Category II|
|≥ 9.00||≥ 8.50 -< 9.00||≥ 8.00 -< 8.50|
|Programs||No. of Semesters||Amount of Scholorship per semester* (In Rs.)|
|LL.B Program (3 Years)||6||8,000||6,000||4,000|