The B.Sc. (Data Science)
- I CFAI Tech School offers three-years B.Sc. Degree program in Data Science. The candidates who have completed Class 12 with mathematics as one of the subjects are eligible for admission into the program.
- With the multiple entry and exit options, the candidates can enter at any level if they fulfil the prerequisites for those courses from other Institutes.
- To provide amenable learning platform on Data Science / Analytics and facilitate the learner with multiple entry and exit options.
- At each exit level of the program, the candidates will be equipped with skills to take up challenging industry problems in the domain of Data Science.
- 3 Years
- Pass in Class XII with Mathematics as one of the subjects with minimum 50%marks.
Admission is based on Merit and Personal Interview
Award of Degree
Students who successfully completion first year may exits from the Program with a Certification in Data Science, if student’s exits after 2nd year, students are be awarded with Diploma in Data Science and if students who successfully complete three years are be awarded with B.Sc. in Data Science degree from the ICFAI University, Dehradun, subject to University regulations.
The B.Sc (Data Science) will make the candidates skillful to solve the Industry on statistical analysis and computational tools (Python, R, Tableau for Data Visualization etc). Candidates who successfully complete the B.Sc program in Data Science can pursue careers in the following fields:
- Data Scientists
- Data Analysts
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Data Science Consultant
The B.Sc. (Data Science) Program consists of 6 semesters spread over 3 years.
- Certificate in Data Science
- Diploma in Data Science
- B.Sc. in Data Science
- A candidate is eligible to earn a Certificate in Data Science by entering at Entry Level I and Exit at Level I. A Diploma is awarded for a candidate who exits at Level II and B.Sc.
- Data Science degree is awarded for a candidate who is exiting through Exit Level III.
- A candidate can enter any level of the program based on their qualification.
- An expert committee of ICFAI Tech School will map the courses completed by the candidate by establishing the equivalency and decides the number of credits required to get either a Certificate, Diploma or B.Sc. Degree.
- Those who are entering in higher entry level, a suitable program chart is created for these candidates to manage their Credits and Academic Banking Credits (ABC).
|B.Sc. (Data Science) Program Structure|
|Summer Internship I Program (8 Weeks)/strong>|
|Summer Internship II Program (8 Weeks)/strong>|
The program structure is tentative, subject to change (if required).
List of Electives:
Database Administration, SQL & DB Applications, Database Security & Privacy, Wireless Networks, Network Administration, Network Security, Advanced JAVA, Mobile Application Development, Scripting Languages, Web Enabled Technologies, Computer Graphics, Software Engineering, Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Software Testing Methodologies, High Performance Computing, Advanced Computer Architecture, Multicore Architecture, System for Data Science, Big Data Systems, Real Time Analytics, Soft Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Vision, Distributed Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Security & Privacy in Cloud Computing, Cloud Administration, Fundamentals of Blockchain Technology, Ethereum & Solidity Programming Essentials, Blockchain with Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain with IoT.
Note: After Semester IV, a student has to choose one specialization out of the three (S1, S2 & S3), and take Elective - I in Semester V and Electives II & III in Semester VI of the chosen specialization.
The fee for each program is mentioned in the table below.
|Programs||No. of Semesters||Admission Fee||Total Program Fee||Convocation & Alumni Fee||Caution Deposit|
|B.Sc Data Science)||6||5,000||1,20,000||1,35,000||6,000||2,000|
Domicile: To avail the domicile benefits in the program fee, candidate domicile certificate is required at the time of registration
Program Fee: Program Fee is to be paid in equal installments as shown against the respective program.
Note: Ph.D. program fee mentioned above is for the minimum duration of the program. Students have to pay the respective semester fee to continue in the program, if he/she takes additional time beyond the stipulated minimum duration.
Convocation Fee of Rs. 1,000 and Alumni Fee of Rs. 5,000 is to be paid along with the program fee of final semester
Caution Deposit: All students are required to pay the caution deposit along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting dues, on completion of the respective program.
Merit Scholarships Scheme 2023
The ICFAI University, Dehradun offers merit scholarships to students pursuing the UG & PG programs. These scholarships are based on past academic record and semester-wise performance.
A. Based on Past Academic Record
The past academic percentage will be calculated for the eligibility program on the basis of all courses studied during the program. He/ she should not have any backlog (RRA/NC/ RC) in the semester. He/ she should have scored 6 or more GPA in the semester. Students facing any disciplinary action will not be considered for scholarship. Students who have availed fee waiver are not eligible for scholarship.
Note: Students are required to pay complete semester fee on or before the registration date.
The details are presented in the following table:
|Merit Scholarships Scheme 2023|
|Programs||Percentage achieved in qualifying examination|
|≥ 90%||≥ 80% to < 90%||≥ 70% to < 80%|
|Amount of Scholarship * (In Rs.)|
|B.Sc. Data Science||36,000||30,000||24,000|
Above Scholarship amount would be adjusted equally in 6 installments for 3 year Programs;
|Academic Performance (CGPA)||Category I||Category II||Category II|
|≥ 9.00||≥ 8.50 -< 9.00||≥ 8.00 -< 8.50|
|Programs||No. of Semesters||Amount of Scholorship per semester* (In Rs.)|
|B.Sc. Data Science||6||6,000||4,400||3,000|